Grilled Pineapple Salsa
What’s more delicious than pineapple? Grilled pineapple!
- 1/2 peeled and cored pineapple, sliced into rings
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- juice from 1 lime
- Heat the grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Grill the pineapple slices for five minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Let cool,
- Chop the pineapple into tiny pieces. Dice the onion, and jalapeño (only use 1/2 the jalapeño and remove the seeds if you want a milder salsa). Chop the cilantro. Add everything to a bowl, and squeeze in the lime juice. Toss to coat.
- Serve with tortilla chips, on top of tacos, or, my personal favorite: on top of tofu scramble, for brunch!
If you give this recipe a try, take a photo and tag #crueltyfreefamily and/or #pleasepassthepeace. We are so excited to see your recreations!