This cobbler celebrates one of the very best parts of summer! In-season peaches, baby! Peaches are one of my all time favourite fruits and they are perfectly paired with this easy, delicious, cobbler topping.
- 6-8 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet, lay out sliced peaches in an even layer.
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugars and butter together. Stir in vanilla and apple sauce. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Spread out in an even layer over the peaches.
- Set in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vegan whipped cream or ice cream.
If you give this recipe a try, take a photo and tag #crueltyfreefamily and/or #pleasepassthepeace. We are so excited to see your recreations!