These blondies are what happens when you promise your kids brownies, but then realize you’re out of butter and cocoa powder! They turned out so chewy, delicious, and all around healthier than any brownies I have made. Mom win!
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon chia seeds 3 tablespoons water)
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegan friendly chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make chia egg and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add tahini, coconut oil, and sugar. Cream together until smooth. Add vanilla, almond milk, and chia egg. Stir until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour in wet ingredients. Mix until there aren’t any lumps, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
If you give this recipe a try, take a photo and tag #crueltyfreefamily and/or #pleasepassthepeace. We are so excited to see your recreations!