Baked Eggplant “Parm” Bites
I love bite sized anything! Great for when you’re having company, for game day, or fun Saturday lunches.
Freeze leftovers (if there are any) for quick, comforting snacks!
- 1 eggplant cut into cubes
For the batter:
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the breading:
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, almond milk, lemon juice, and spices in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add nutritional yeast, cashews, panko, and spices into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is blended into small crumbs. Make sure there are no big chunks of cashews. Pour mixture into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Coat the eggplant cubes in batter, and role in the bread crumb mixture. Set pieces on the lined baking sheets, making sure they aren’t touching. If they are too crowded they won’t get crispy enough.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, remove from the oven when they are lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
If you give this recipe a try, take a photo and tag #crueltyfreefamily and/or #pleasepassthepeace. We are so excited to see your recreations!