Romesco sauce is a Spanish sauce made from red peppers and almonds. Every time I have Romesco sauce, I think to myself, “this is so good, I could eat a whole bowl of this!” So I decided to do just that, by turning Romesco sauce into a soup! This soup literally comes together in seconds in your blender, and it’s totally raw. I love this soup on it’s own, but it would also be delicious over zucchini noodle or pasta!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 large tomato (or 1 cup cherry tomatoes)
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter (or 3/4 cup raw almonds, soaked for 2-8 hours)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- salt, to taste
- fresh basil, for garnish
- extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
- Blend all of the ingredients, minus the salt, olive oil, and basil, in a blender until completely smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature as a raw soup, or, if desired, gently warm the soup on the stove.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and basil leaves.