This recipe came about the way most of my recipes come about. I have too much of something, or not enough of something, and I cook accordingly.
Strawberries are a huge deal in my house. They are the only fruit my four year old will eat. So we buy them. Even though they are out of season, cost a fortune, and the quality is poor.
Well, raspberries were on sale this week. Buy 1 Get 1 FREE, in fact. So I got them, and thought I could call them “baby strawberries”, and maybe my girl would eat them. Turns out, NO. So I was left with lots of raspberries. And of course I could have made smoothies with them. But c’mon. Raspberry. Cookie. Crumble.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Cream butter and sugars together in a medium bowl, until fluffy. Add flax, almond milk, and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until dough is formed and without clumps.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a greased 8×8 casserole dish, press 3/4 of the dough to the bottom in an even layer.
- Add raspberries in an even layer over the cookie dough.
- Crumble remaining dough over the raspberries.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.