Welcome to creamy, dreamy, garlicky, noodle heaven, people. This is some serious alfredo. Like, the best alfredo I’ve ever had. INCLUDING PRE VEGAN ALFREDO, ok?!
And the good news doesn’t stop there: It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s cruelty free. AND you don’t even have to remember to soak your cashews! Hollllllaaaaa!
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon (vegetable base)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, bring water, Better Than Bouillon, and cashews to a simmer. Allow to simmer, covered for about 15-20 minutes.
- Take off heat, allow to cool for ten minutes and transfer to a blender. Add nutritional yeast and garlic. Blend on high until completely smooth. Transfer back into pot.
- Whisk in butter, almond milk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, whisking frequently. Sauce will thicken in about five minutes
- Serve over pasta.
If you give this recipe a try, take a photo and tag #crueltyfreefamily and/or #pleasepassthepeace. We are so excited to see your recreations!