I knew that avocado desserts were a thing, but I was always afraid to try it because I strongly associate avocado with all things savory and garlicky. Well, I don’t know why I was so scared, because avocado desserts are delicious! The chocolate flavor takes the spotlight, while the avocado lends an incredible creamy texture. These truffles really only have three ingredients: avocado, chocolate, and whatever you choose to roll your truffles in. Make a batch and share them with your sweetheart… Valentine’s day is right around the corner!
- 2 small ripe Hass avocados
- 8 oz vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or coconut nectar (optional)
- lolipop sticks or wooden skewers
Ideas for truffle coatings:
- shredded coconut
- coco powder or cacao powder
- vegan chocolate puffed rice cereal ( I used One Degree Sprouted brown rice cacao crisps)
- chopped vegan chocolate
- chocolate chips
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, stirring frequently.
- Put the avocado flesh and maple syrup in a bowl and mash with a fork until everything is smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate. Refrigerate for 20-60 mintes.
- Remove from the fridge, and roll the chocolate into 15-18 1-inch balls. Place the balls on a parchment or foil lined plate.
- Put the truffle coatings in small bowls, and roll each ball in a topping. Place the balls back in the parchment lined plate and put them into the refrigerator or freezer for 10-20 minutes to firm up.
- Once firm, pierce each truffle with a lolipop stick.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.