Bitchin’ Buffalo Wings
I don’t know what to say about these, other than I hope to hell you have a head of cauliflower on hand because you need these. Right now.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least 8 hours
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the wings:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower into large florets. Two bite-sized! To make them look like the real deal, they must have short stumps as well.
- In a large bowl whisk together chickpea flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. This should be a very thick batter.
- Add cauliflower to the bowl and toss with clean hands. Make sure to get the batter in all the crevasseses. Place cauliflower florets on a lined baking sheet. Take a spoon and scoop any remaining batter in the bottom of the bowl on top of each piece of cauliflower.
- Place pan in oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
For the ranch dip:
- In a blender, add cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, milk, vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend on high until mixture is completely smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Whisk in chopped dill and chives.
- Cover and set in the fridge.
For the buffalo sauce:
- Add all ingredients into a medium pot. Heat up to allow coconut oil to melt. When hot, take off heat and set aside.
- Place cauliflower wings into a large bowl. Pour desired amount of buffalo sauce over wings. Toss with a large spoon.
- Serve immediately with ranch dip.
If you give this recipe a try, take a photo and tag #crueltyfreefamily and/or #pleasepassthepeace. We are so excited to see your recreations!