I’ve been making this Mediterranean bean salad for years. It’s lovely and fresh, yet substantial enough to be a main course. It’s the perfect dish to pack into a picnic basket, or bring with you to a party where you want to make sure there’s at least ONE thing you can eat!
- 3 cups cooked Cannelini beans, or other white bean
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- zest from half a lemon
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon liquid from the jar of Capers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- large pinch black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.