Want to make your tastebuds happy? Make these crispy, creamy Avocado poppers! I love dipping them in sriracha mayo. Clearly, being vegan is SO hard!
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch chuncks
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour (or gluten free all purpose flour, I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (or, finely crushed gluten free crackers)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh lime zest
- 1 pinch cayanne pepper (optional)
- 2-4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2-4 tablespoons of sriracha
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the flour to a shallow bowl. Add the water and flax to a second shallow bowl, and stir well, until the mixture becomes thickened, much like egg whites. To a third bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, lime, and cayanne.
- Dredge the avocado chunks in flour. Then dip them in the “flax egg,” and then coat them in the breadcrumbs.
- Place them on the baking sheet in a single layer. Very gently brush all sides with melted coconut oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The breadcrumbs should be golden brown.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice and sriracha
- Serve warm.
If you give this recipe a try, take a photo and tag #crueltyfreefamily and/or #pleasepassthepeace. We are so excited to see your recreations!