This recipe is inspired by all of my favorite comforting sweet treats: blueberry muffins, cornbread, and coffee cake. I added oat flour to make it a little more hearty, and the result is a crumbly delightful cornmeal cake that’s perfect for breakfast or a sweet snack!
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (You can make this by grinding oats in a food processor into a flour.)
- 1 cup cormeal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 F, and grease a pie plate or 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the water and flaxseed and stir until the mixture thickens. Then, stir in the almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and fold the blueberries into the batter. Pour the batter into the baking dish, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting and serving.