This chickpea salad wrap with tahini ranch dressing is my current favorite lunch. It’s the perfect plant-based dish to bring to picnics, potlucks, and barbecues. Bring along some tortillas (or a head of lettuce for lettuce wraps) and these wraps will be gone in no time!
For the tahini ranch dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chickpea miso paste (or white miso paste)
For the chickpea salad:
- 3 cups chickpeas
- 1/2 red onion, diced finely
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 4 tortillas, pitas, or flatbreads (or, a head of lettuce for lettuce wraps)
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk throughly.
- Chop 1 cup of chickpeas into fine pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the whole chickpeas, chopped chickpeas, onion, carrots, and celery
- Coat the chickpeas and vegetables with dressing.
- Serve in a wrap or on a lettuce leaf! Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator.