Our family is curry obsessed, and this peanut-coconut combo is one of my favorites. It easily pairs with any roasted veggies, but I especially love it with roasted cauliflower, chickpeas, and green beans. To make it extra special, make it with a purple cauliflower!
For the curry sauce:
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 13.5 oz can light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (or use low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon cayanne
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into 1 inch florets
- 2 cups fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional vegetable options: bell pepper, carrots, broccoli, snap peas, etc
- Rice or noodles, for serving
- Preheat the oven (or toaster oven) to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, brush the foil with a but of coconut oil. Place the vegetables and chickpeas on the sheet and brush them with the rest of the oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the cauliflower florets are soft.
- To make the curry sauce, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt the teaspoon of coconut oil. Saute the onions, garlic, and ginger for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and heat to a simmer. Melt in the peanut butter and stir until completely melted. Stir in the coconut aminos and spices. Reduce the heat and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted veggies to the curry sauce and serve!