Potatoes. Cauliflower. Leeks. This twist on the classic potato leek soup is perfect for springtime. Serve it with some crusty bread and a big salad to complete the meal!
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt, to taste
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the leeks until soft, for 5-7 minutes. Set the leeks aside in a small bowl.
- Add the onions to the pan. sauté the onions until soft, then add the garlic.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add the cashews, potato, and cauliflower. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are soft. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Purée the cooled soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Or use an immersion blender.
- Add the soup and leeks back to the pot. (Reserve some leeks for garnish.) Add Rosemary, thyme, and salt to taste. Heat until hot, about 10 minutes
- Serve hot, with leeks on top for garnish.
If you give this recipe a try, take a photo and tag #crueltyfreefamily and/or #pleasepassthepeace. We are so excited to see your recreations!
Pingback: REVIEW: May Favorites | Be Sol-Ful()
Pingback: REVIEW: May Favorites | Be Sol-Ful Living()