Living in Florida means you’re never far from the beach, sandals are never out of season, and you probably have an orange tree in your backyard… or at least your neighbor does. This guacamole has a Florida twist to it… freshly squeezed orange juice!
- 1 ripe Florida avocado or 3 Hass avocados
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red chili pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/2 plum tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 large orange
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- a big pinch (or two) of coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Peel the avocado and cut it into large chunks. Mash some of the avocado slightly, leaving some chunks of avocado whole.
- Mix in the garlic, orange zest, chili pepper, and tomato. Add the juice of ½ lime and about 1-2 tablespoons of juice from the orange. Mash to your preferred level of chunkiness, I like my guac on the chunky side!
- Taste and add salt. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips
If you give this recipe a try, take a photo and tag #crueltyfreefamily and/or #pleasepassthepeace. We are so excited to see your recreations!