Grilled Artichokes with Lemon Tahini Sauce
Let’s get grillin’! Just because you’re not eating meat doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a good BBQ. Grilled artichokes are one of the most delicious things you can make on a grill! I love dipping grilled artichokes leaves in this creamy, tahini sauce. Surprisingly, I know quite a few kids who really enjoy eating artichokes. They’re a finger food, after all!
- 2 large artichokes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or one head of roasted garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional lemon wedges
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Trim the tops of the artichokes, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the choke fibers with a spoon.
- Boil the artichoke halves for 20 minutes.
- While the artichokes are boiling, mix together your tahini sauce. Combine the tahini, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and salt.
- Remove the artichokes with tongs from the water and place them on a plate. Brush the artichokes with the olive oil.
- Place the artichokes cut side down on the grill. Grill for 5 minutes, then turn the artichokes and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot off the grill with lemon wedges and tahini sauce!
If you give this recipe a try, take a photo and tag #crueltyfreefamily and/or #pleasepassthepeace. We are so excited to see your recreations!