This recipe is for you, cilantro lovers. I’m in your camp. I can never get enough cilantro… I just love its freshness. Even just smelling cilantro makes me happy! Cilantro haters, I’m sorry. This recipe will probably make you cringe. I get it, you hate cilantro. Even the teensiest bit of cilantro in your burrito will ruin your day. And when that happens, I will gladly finish that cilantro burrito for you! I’m just that kind of friend.
- 1 bunch (about 3 cups) of cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- Soak the cashews in enough water to cover them, for several hours or overnight. If short on time, boil the cashews for 5-10 minutes. Drain the cashews. (You can skip this step if using a high speed blender.)
- Wash the cilantro thoroughly, cut off any tough bottom stems, and roughly chop.
- In a food processor or blender, blend together all of the ingredients for several minutes until completely smooth and creamy.
- Use the pesto sauce on top of pasta, spread onto bread, pizza, or even as a salad dressing!