Vegan Meal Freezin’
A baby isn’t the only reason to make a crap load of meals ahead of time. It’s a great way to take some of the pressure off while adjusting to other major life changes, such as moving, or when you’ll know money will be tight in coming months.
On Sunday I made:
Lentil Sloppy Joes
Brussels Sprout Mac n’ Cheese sauce (2)
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Sweet Sesame Tofu
Pineapple Teriyaki Chick’n
Tofu Noodle Soup
Black Bean & Quinoa Chili
Hot & Sour Soup
Cheesy Potato & Chive Soup
*A lot of these recipes are right here on our site, and we have lots of others that make for great freezer meals as well.*
Here are some time, energy, and money saving tips to make your freezer meal marathon run smoothly.
- Make a list of every meal you want to make. Think things to put over rice, pasta, soups, chowders, and fillings (burrito, enchiladas, etc).
- Plan ahead and stock up on ingredients when they go on sale, such as canned tomatoes, frozen vegetables, etc.
- Make a list of all the ingredients you need for each meal and pick them up.
- Clean out your freezer! You’re going to need some room in there, plus…it never hurts to give the freezer a good cleaning anyway.
- Get help. Your husband, your Momma, friends…at least make sure someone is keeping an eye on the kids. This won’t be a relaxing day. When it’s all over you’ll be licking your wounds in the bubble bath, texting your co blogger to say you’re never cooking again.
- Make sure your kitchen is clean to start with. Cause it’s about to get a little crazy in here.
- Lay out VIP tools and ingredients. Can openers, peelers, scissors, garlic, onions, etc. whatever you’re going to use over and over.
- Organize recipes. Make all Mexican dishes at once, then Italian and so on.
- Quickly clean up after completing every meal. Wipe down cutting board, get rid of food scraps, and put all things away you won’t be needing for your next few meals.
- Leave the noodles out of this! Say you make tofu noodle soup, add noodles before serving. Noodles take less time to cook than veggies annnndddd soggy noodles are pretty much the worst.
- Label everything. Add onto label if you need to add vegetable broth, noodles, salt and pepper, etc later on.
- Freeze flat to save room.